09 March 2007

quiet day

I made a couple phone calls trying to line-up a couple rummage sales. I found two, many miles apart. If I can't find someone to help I'll have to choose which one might give the most books.

I used the day to get more empty boxes for books. It was hard to find enough of a uniform size (to make stacking, storage and shipping easier), but I soon discovered that 12-to-a-box motor oil boxes are small enough not the be too heavy and plentiful at all the chain auto parts stores. I think I finally have enough boxes to do the job. I have 300+ of them sorted and stacked and ready to fill with books.

An interesting thing... In the warehouse-o-books I found a case of books authored by a prominent local radio personality. I called his producer and offered them to him before they hit the landfill. I'm hoping his gratitude will shine as he offers to help me raise some shipping costs. I doubt it, but I'm hoping.

No comments: