06 February 2007

the day is summer-like compared to yesterday

I 've been invited to speak to a small church group as the speaker at their monthly dinner. I went there this past Sunday to check out this month's speaker and see how I might format myself. The speaker was a local poet. I sat through his reading and asked a few questions. Afterwards I introduced myself and gave him a card. He called the next day and offered a few of his "printer's seconds." I said it would be wonderful and asked for him to give an introduction to contacts at his job. He works for the Boy Scouts of America.

Another trip to the storage warehouse with books. I remeasured the pallets to see how they might fit in the container to plan ahead, as they are not all the same size. Now I have to mind the size pallets I take so they will even out.

There are no further book opportunities, save that warehouse of unsorted used books. I'll go there again this Friday and get what I can. With the books I have stacked there already I hope to have 15-20 boxes by the weekend.

No comments: